Commercial printing is the way to go these days for business or even for special project printing tasks. However, hiring a commercial printer to help you has its dangers and issues. To make sure that you are safe in commercial printing, you must know how to avoid the common dangers and pitfalls that many people experience.
Let me give you a starting point in this endeavour. To avoid some of the issues and dangers in commercial printing, start by reading the tips below to know what to do when these problems take place.
1. Avoiding getting scammed – We have heard a lot about different kinds of business scams these days. In commercial printing, it is no different. Some bad firms will trick you with technical details and certain legalese contracts that will confuse and even overwhelm you. This leads to many customers actually making the wrong decisions or ultimately spending more than is necessary.
Make sure that you avoid being tricked like that. Learn more about commercial printing so that you can be more learned about the process and of course know exactly what the printers are talking about. Knowledge is power here, and luckily for you, there are tons of resources online to help you out.
2. Avoiding increased spending – To avoid spending too much on your own in commercial printing, what you have to actually decide on is your priorities. You must have one main goal or priority when it comes to the look and impact of your commercial prints. So if you require durable materials for example, then your focus should be on expensive high quality paper materials while the rest can be set to cheaper choices.
The same goes for the layout itself. You can spend lots on the designer, while the other elements can be set to cheaper alternatives. This allows you to spend exactly on what is needed and required and of course optimize costs on the rest.
3. Avoiding inaccurate printing – Another danger that you must avoid is inaccurate printing. This can be actually many things. It can be misaligned designs, wrong colors, wrong configurations and many other gross errors. The worst thing that can happen to you is of course to receive your commercial prints already printed, but with gross inaccuracies like those stated above.
Try to avoid this by actually reviewing your whole design and draft files to make sure that everything is set correctly for efficient printing. Some printers just do not check very well, and it is best to set the right color settings, guidelines and dimensions in your draft template so that the printer will interpret exactly what you need. Also send in image backups so that the printer will not have an excuse for inaccurate prints.
4. Avoiding bad quality results – Many people also make the mistake in thinking that they have chosen the best printing options, only to get bad quality results. This is because they have really not reviewed what their printing option entails.
In actuality, it is better for you to look at real samples of certain paper and inks so that you know what kind of quality commercial printing you are availing of. The more you know about paper weights, thicknesses and ink options, the easier you can avoid bad quality commercial prints.
5. Avoiding delivery delays – Finally, you should try to avoid getting delivery delays by exactly choosing printers where you can set the delivery time. This can add an additional costs sometimes, but the accuracy of the deliver yis pretty useful. So you better analyze your target commercial printers. Make sure that you go for the one with set delivery options that do have guarantees.
Great! Now you can print with commercial printers a lot safer and better. Good Luck!