A Power Cable is a combination of two or more electrical wires, typically held together with a cover. These cables are normal in size and they are high temperature cables used for different rated electricity. These cables contain exterior jackets to resist the effects of various natural sources like moisture, temperature, sunlight, oils etc. For example, a heating appliance will contain a cord designed to resist accidental contact with tough surfaces. Power Cables are usually used for Wiring in Buildings, wiring under the ground, run overhead, or exposed.
By using power plug, Power Cables are used to connect different appliances to the main power supply. The alternative terms used for power cables are Flex Lead, Main Lead or Kettle Lead, etc. The one end of Power Cables is fixed to the appliances and the other end has to be joined into the power plug.
What Is A Cord Set?
A cord set includes accessories such as fuses for protection of the appliance over current. Power cords for sensitive appliances usually include a protective cover over the power conductors to reduce the interference caused by electromagnetic forces.
Essential Features Or Properties Of Power Cables:
· They should have high dielectric strength and ensure low dielectric losses.
· They should have high current carrying capacity.
· They should be light in weight.
· They must have good resistance to high temperatures so that insulation does not get damaged when exposed to bad weather condition.
· Power cables should be of superior quality which can work in both moist and dry conditions
These Are Some Of The Important Factors Should Consider When Buying Power Cables:-
· One must have proper information about Manufacturer
· One must know the capacity of voltage which can be controlled and transmitted by power cables.
· The knowledge of successive length and size is necessary.
· They should meet the International quality standards and norms
· Also consider the year of manufacture.
Cross linked Polyethylene Power Cables are considered to be the best Power Cable. They have special benefits like they are lighter as compared to other cables. They are known to have better electrical and thermal properties, and needs less maintenance. In addition to that they are easy to terminate and join. Before buying power cables, it must be checked that they are certified by international standard System Cable Manufacturers. The quality of the product and its manufacturer's standard certification must be checked as well.
Please Visit Site:- http://www.control-cable.net